Tuesday, October 1, 2013

Musings of the Thakur

I was in the loo when the production manager called me up and said that I got through the auditions. Well, it was definitely a relief.  It’s not every day I get a call asking me to emulate expressions on a platform. At the place, I was greeted mostly by people who knew each other; so, I cowered to a corner like a new kid at kindergarten. Only of course, being 5’7 with 210 pounds it looked more like I was the corner.

The practice sessions involved me choosing to be an animal of my choice; something I usually earn during a verbal bout and swearing with clear diction, which now allows me to swear at Auckland traffic with enunciation. There were other cult customs which were practiced, but let’s give it a rest.

They fed me with coffee, tea and spreads. I did feel like I was at the foyer of a rest home that made sure anything crunchy would definitely go down with a pinch of tooth.

After a few months, I began to see the animals manifesting into characters, the diction bellowing clarity, the coffee and spreads being integral ingredients during discussions and finally customs becoming traditions in a world called RUDALI.

As the rehearsals are coming to an end I feel; It’s been work in an esoteric sense, it’s been an adventure in a personal sense; it’s been simply artistic in a common sense.

Thank you all!!

  

1 comment: